AS OF JUNE 1st, REIS TENNIS CENTER IS OPEN TO ALL
- Vaccinated faculty/staff/students/ community members (regardless of enrollment) do not need to wear masks inside or outside regardless of activity, although we recommend them
- Unvaccinated faculty/staff/students/community members must wear masks indoors (always) and maintain physical distance (except when engaged in sport specific physical activity); masks do not need to be worn outdoors if physical distancing can be maintained
Reis is a 6-indoor-, 6-outdoor-court tennis complex located minutes from the Cornell central campus.
The facility serves the training and exhibition needs of Cornell’s tennis teams as well as the recreational needs of students, faculty, staff, and the surrounding Ithaca community. Reis amenities include:
- six indoor courts with a Plexi-Pave surface, and six outdoor courts
- bleacher seating for approximately 200 spectators
- 24/7 online court reservations for members
- ample free parking and bicycle racks
Our Coaches and StaffCoaches and Staff
Anda Perianu is the director of tennis and facility manager at Reis Tennis Center. A superb tennis player who counts Martina Navratilova as one of her coaches, Anda held the NCAA number-three U.S. women’s singles ranking in college and was two-time Big Twelve Player of the Year. Read More
Head Coach, Men's Tennis
Silviu Tanasoiu comes to the Big Red via the University of Oklahoma, where he has served as an assistant coach with the Sooners’ men’s tennis team for five years and was named the ITA Central Region Assistant Coach of the Year in both 2010 and 2011.Read More
Alex is the Assistant Coach for the Cornell Men’s Tennis Team. Prior to Cornell he was Lead Coach of the Collegiate Team for USTA Player Development in Orlando, FL., and coached current ATP players Mackie McDonald, Chris Eubanks, and JC Aragone. He was also hitting partner for current WTA players Madison Keys and Cici Bellis.
Prior to USTA Player Development, he was High Performance Coach at Evert Tennis Academy in Boca Raton, FL., where he coached top 100 ITF junior players, and was hitting partner for current ATP players Stan Wawrinka, Marin Cilic, Nick Kyrgios.
Alex played NCAA Division 1 tennis at Old Dominion University and Coastal Carolina University, and was nationally ranked in singles and doubles.Read More
Cornell Men’s Tennis
Match highlights, player profiles and more; your home for all things video of Cornell Men’s Tennis.Cornell Athletics Videos on YouTube